"I have you now! " ~ Darth Vader, Star Wars
While I was gone (in my cough syrup haze) as few things happened that I feel must be reported on:
1 – I missed all the Olympics. All of them. I was too busy blowing my nose to concentrated on the awesomeness of the winter festivities.
2 – Okay, the truth is I started a new WIP and I am way excited about it. One day I had the idea, and the next, it was plotted, characters had goals and subplots, and now….1/8 of the way to being finished. And you know what!? It’s Dystopian! (Elana J. you have turned me to the dark side! Say in funny Darth Vader voice to make more dramatic.)
3- Shannon O' (who is more than cool) gave me an award (just before I got super sick, so I’m sorry this has taken so long to post). And it is a great award!
All I have to do is share it with 5 of my blogging buddies:
1) Patti N (she always has good advice on writing and she really means what she says. I like that in a person! =) ).
2) L.T. Elliot (she not only is a super close friend, but I make her read all my first draft chapters. I love that woman!).
3) Ali Cross (she does a great job at answering all my bloggy questions. Did you know that most writers write with their feet in the nude? *gasp*).
4) Mary C. (she just rocks! I’ve hang out with her a few times in person and I feel a close kindred spirit thing going on there. She is very awesome).
5) Natalie W (again, kindred spirit thing. Plus have you seen her sketchings? Amazing! She is very cool.)
I would put Shannon down again because I love her and her blog, but I can’t. But go check out all these amazing women and their blogs. They are on their way up, I tell ya!
4 – I am reporting to you, my bloggy buddies, on my WIP. My goal is to have 10,000 words per week until I hit 50,000. Why? Because I’m ignoring Incognito and I have to have something awesomely-awesome to take to my next conference. Wish me luck. I’m already at 5,000 for this week. Half way there.
5 – Last but not the least of things to report on. Having a cold makes chocolate taste funny. I know, don’t panic (because I did one day and it was just an awful mess – I had to eat at least three chocolate bars to prove my point that I couldn’t taste them. I gained a couple pounds.)
So there you have it. My full report of things that happened during my cold-unplugged week. Thanks for being patient with me and my absence. I’m going to stalk your blogs now. I love the blog stalking.