Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Get Back on That Horse!

I've been gone... for a long time. 

But here I am again, getting back to writing and yes...even blogging. 

Look at those dinosaur prints!
Where have I been? Well...
On the Beach
My fav writing buddies 

I've been going to see the world, spending my oldest son on an LDS mission (click the button on the right to find out more about the LDS church if you're curious), hanging out with my kiddos and even spending time with my favorite writing buddies. And you know what I've learned? 

I can't do everything (it's true, ask my kids about their dirty socks that need to be washed. So gross). 

So I let some things be put on the back burner. I prioritized some of the things I want in my life and what I learned is this:

1, I feel better when my house is clean. I'm just saying...I can actually find the toothpaste and the keys (and the keys aren't mixed up with the toothpaste and the toothpaste isn't mixed up with the keys, and...well, you get it). 

2. I like writing. (Okay, that was no big surprise, but there it is.)

3. Life is busy and I need to make time for the dreams in my life (yes...that does include making hot fudge topping and then eating by the spoonful - don't judge).

So I'm back. I hope to find all of my awesome blogging friends in the next few weeks (because I can't find a few of you and you aren't mixed up with my toothpaste and keys...)

What are some things that you have had to prioritize in your life? 

 

 





7 comments:

Roxy said...

I've been away for a while, too, Carolyn. Life does get in the way sometimes, but I feel like I have more to share after being gone. Good to read your words again!

Donna K. Weaver said...

I'm glad you're getting back to writing. But I know what you mean. One of the best lessons I ever taught (and learned) in YW was: You can do anything you want in life. But you can't do everything.

It's all about priorities. :D

SA Larsenッ said...

YES! So glad to see you back. I've missed you!!!

Shelley Sly said...

Welcome back! Thanks for updating us on what you've been up to.

For me, some things always take priority (like spending time with family and my dog), and other things just rotate. Some days I get more housework done but very little writing done. Other days I get a lot of words written but not much else on my list done, for instance.

Karen Jones Gowen said...

Sounds you've been busy living! Where did your son go on his mission?

Medeia Sharif said...

It was great seeing your avatar in my blog comments. Welcome back! :)

Jennifer Shirk said...

Glad you're back !! I feel better when my house is clean and orderly too.