Saturday, October 20, 2012

Happy 13th Lenny Lee!!!!

photobucket.com      
It's Lenny Lee's 13th Birthday!!! 

And it's official. He is a teenager!!! Woohoo!

 For his birthday, a few of us are listing the top ten things we have learned about Lenny. There are so many more than just ten, but here are mine: 

1. Positive Attitude. Lenny is always happy and positive, no matter what!

2. Kind words. I have never known Lenny to say anything mean about ANYONE! (Trust me, I have had many a time when unkind words were spewing out my mouth.)

3. Lenny makes me laugh. It's a rare gift to make others laugh (I mean really laugh, not that fake kind of stuff, but laughter from the heart. He has it. ).

4. Lenny never gives up. You can tell. I've had many ups and downs and can feel disappointed or discouraged (like we all can), but Lenny never lets that stop him. He is a trouper and always keeps on going.

5. A good friend. I am always impressed when Lenny posts about a friend who needs help, has good news or who is having troubles. He really looks out for those around him. (Check out his sidebar, he is always listing his friends new books and all the cool things going on. Amazing!)

6. Cool. Lenny is just cool. He likes a lot of the same things I do (comics, cards, cuddly animals ....writing). That just makes him cool. Someday, I hope to be cool too. I'm just saying.

7. Speaks from the heart. I have a hard time doing this. I'm always guarded with what I say and who I say it too. Lenny is always free to speak things that I admire (I won't go into details, but he has a touching letter up on his blog, and I cry every time I read it). I need to take a lesson from Lenny and be more like him in that way.

8. Lenny is smart. He does his homework. I learn something new every time I visit his blog.  Someday, I hope to be as smart as he is!

9. Lenny is a writer. He knows his craft. Most adults don't understand what the writing craft is (or means), but as you look at Lenny's blog, you can tell, he knows. He's a real writer. He is a hard worker.

10. A lasting impact. Everybody wants to leave some kind of impact on people. Lenny has touched our hearts and given us more than I think he knows. He is an amazing kid.


16 comments:

Theresa Milstein said...

I agree with you list. It's been great knowing and learning from him these last few years. Happy birthday, Lenny!

Dianne K. Salerni said...

Great list, Carolyn!
I know Lenny has brightened my day on many occasions!

Lenny Lee* said...

hi miss carolyn!

WOW! what a cool post and you said so much nice things about me. you got me crying. my blogger friends have taught me so much and i love all of them. youre just way special in my heart.

thanks for such a cool birthday post.

...hugs from lenny

klahanie said...

Greetings Carolyn,

Ah yes, Lenny an amazing young man who inspires and knows that to write and speak from the heart, is a valuable lesson that many writers could aspire to. My human and I have the great pleasure of interacting with Lenny! Thank you for your pawsting, sorry, posting and your list of ten.

Hi Lenny, I see you. Have a fun and happy birthday! :)

Pawsitive wishes, Penny the Jack Russell dog and modest internet star, recently promoted to superstar status! :)

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

You are so right...about everything! Lenny has made a big impact on my life and my families life...We all adore Lenny. He is something special!!!

Happy Birthday, Lenny!

Summer Ross said...

Happy belated b-day to Lenny. I've been sick so I didn;t get here in time. :) Fabulous and so sweet that others got together for Lenny's bday!

Connie Arnold said...

That's a terrific list, Carolyn, and so true!

Medeia Sharif said...

Great list. I'm glad I've gotten to know Lennie.

L.T. Elliot said...

Happy Birthday to Lenny! And everyone should be so lucky to have such a list!

Jennifer Shirk said...

Happy Birthday to Lenny!

(he shares my birthday) :-)

Janet Johnson said...

Amen to it all!! I just love Lenny. He's just one of those people that makes everyone around him happy. So glad I can be one of those people around him. :)

J. A. Bennett said...

Sounds like an amazing kid! I'm off to follow his blog :)

Romance Reader - Nas said...

Great list! And a happy, happy birthday to Lenny Lee!

Jamie Burch said...

Wonderful list! It's amazing how everyone came to celebrate Lenny Lee. Love it!

Susan Fields said...

I love your list - all your points are so true! Lenny always amazes me with his positive and caring attitude.

Lynn said...

Sweet sentiments for Lenny! I am sure you helped make his birthday great!