Thursday, June 14, 2012

I'm Reading a Book, Man


“If you want to be a good writer, you must do two things above all others; Read a lot and write a lot.” ~Stephen King, On Writing

Last year I told a class on young adult writing/books. I had to read two to three books a week while analyzing the styles and craft.

It was amazing. I read classics, contemporary, award winning books, books from all genres.

 I have to admit that after the class was over, I got lazy and stopped reading as much.

So I’m picking the reading habit again. Not only has it kept me entertained, it helped me see what well known writers were doing to make their books amazing. 

Keep reading, that’s the goal. So if you see me reading a book, remember what Julian says:


Hee hee, I can never get enough of that video!
What books are you reading? (Tell me some good ones, I lost my tbr list.)
See you guys next week!

6 comments:

Carolyn Abiad said...

Lol. Love that clip too!

I have a cycle. One month I read a lot, the next month I write a lot. I've always got one book in progress, either way, just depends - one a day, or one a week. ;)

Patti said...

It's been a while since I read a book. I tend to go in phases where I read like its raining books then it's a total drought.

Jen Daiker said...

I'm a phase reader. I can speed read for months but then go without for months. I wish it wasn't so, but it's what I do.

Lately I've been watching movies and television shows like mad. Just like reading is to writing, if you want to write a screenplay, you've got to know the craft!

I am an avid television series watcher right now. Look out for the new comedy queen who will soon grace the world of television!

Annalisa said...

I'm in a reading slump right now, but I still think you should read Divergent.

L.T. Elliot said...

I'm currently reading A POSSE OF PRINCESSES by Sherwood Smith. I'm not usually a "princess" kind of reader but I like the character growth in this and I always appreciate an active, strong female MC.

What are you reading? What's been fun?

David P. King said...

I've finally started reading more and it's doing wonders for my editing. Reading all these great examples doesn't make the prose sound so weird, you know? :)