Thursday, May 5, 2011

Will You Just Get Out of My Head?

Hey, whattcha doing?  *Looking at studying-self*

Shhhh...I'm trying to concentrate. *mumbling*

What? You're acting weird. You keep talking to yourself.

Yeah. I know (a little irritated). I'm getting my pitch ready.

Oh...that's right! You're pitching at your conference this weekend, aren't you?

(Studying-self, trying to ignore playful-self.)

So whattcha taking with you? Chocolate chips? Writing shoes? Spit wads?

I told you that whole spit wad thing was an accident. *sigh*

That's not what the papers said.

Well, it was. *looking back and forth, a little sweat building on forehead* It won't happen again.

Well, good luck on that pitch. It sounds fascinating.

*Going back to ignoring playful-self*

So the next two days I will be at it again...listening to other writers, munching on chips, rolling up spit wads. Yes, I'm off to my second conference this year!  Woohoo! Getting my pitch ready and polished so I don't trip over my words (which only happens like...all the time).

So tell me, what do you guys want to get out of a conference? Me? Making it through this pitch session without forgetting my pitch.

14 comments:

Kristina P. said...

You will be great!

Jessica Bell said...

Good luck Carolyn! GET me to a conference first and then I'll tell ya! :o)

Mary Campbell said...

Good luck Carolyn - hope everything goes well. I few spitwads never hurt anybody.

Janet Johnson said...

So excited for you! Enjoy and enjoy some more.

I love basking in the writing world. Basking in the fact that the people around me understand my craziness. :)

David Powers King said...

Enjoy the conference, learn all that you can, and Network like there's no conference next year. You'll do fine. The pitches are the best part.

Susan Fields said...

Good luck with your pitch - you'll do great! And please let us know how it goes.

Sara B. Larson said...

Good luck! You'll nail it. Let me know how it goes! Sure wish i could be there. Oh well, soak it in for me. ;)

Summer Ross said...

Here--hands over bag of fairy dust-- that should help. Good luck!

Shannon O'Donnell said...

What do I want to get out of a conference? Um, actually getting to go to one would be a nice start! :-)

FishHawk said...

"Checkerboard Squares by Carolyn V" has been included in this weeks Sites To See. I hope you like the image I featured, and I hope this helps to attract many new visitors here.

http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2011/05/sites-to-see.html

WindyA said...

Good luck on the pitch! Wish I could join all you guys at the conference!

Medeia Sharif said...

Good luck pitching! You can do it, Carolyn.

salarsenッ said...

Oh, I hope you had a wonderful time!! A belated 'good luck', but you can use it later, too. :)

Michelle Teacress said...

And you made it through that pitch, and look what happened! I hope for the best. Now you just have to wait. :)