Tuesday, February 8, 2011

It's really me....really. Promise.

Okay, so here's the thing. I changed my email.

I know!!!! I know. What were you thinking?

Well, a year (or so) ago, I was a contributor to a book that was published in our local market.  It was a great experience and so wonderful to get my name out there on a real book shelf (honestly, it's in the book and not on the cover....but I'll take it).

The gal who put the book together emailed everyone to let them know that she was approved for a second book and wanted us to contribute again (if we wanted).

But guess who got my email?  Carolynwrites.  Not CarolynVwrites. See the difference?  (It's little, but it could save your life---please see video below)

So I never had the opportunity to contribute. (Carolynwrites, on the other hand, may be in that book. I guess I'll find out when the second book comes out.)

I blew it off, thinking, "Well, another opportunity will come around again." (Or else I'd be in the corner weeping with a bag of chocolate chips in my hand.) But then I found out more and more people were emailing Carolynwrites and not CarolynVwrites. So, I decided to change my email address. I hope this doesn't ruin our relationship. *looking longingly up with puppy dog eyes*

And to you, Carolynwrites. Thank you for your patience with receiving all my emails. Although I would really like to know what we are doing for girl scouts next week (if you want, you could at help out on the booth. Just saying).

See? It's small, but it makes a big difference. *sigh* 

Have a great week everyone.

20 comments:

Summer Ross said...

Oh my- that sounds like a real mess. I'm glad you are getting it worked out and I'm liking how your blog is looking. Have a great day!

Carolyn Abiad said...

LOL! I don't think I'd like jelly with my fish :) Anyway...I have a similar problem (compound last name) and keep multiple emails because of it. Sheeeh...maybe I should just call myself jellyfish!

Susan R. Mills said...

What a mess! Sorry you lost your chance to contribute.

ali said...

FunNEE! And see? I already emailed you at your NEW addy and I NOTICED the change!? How's that for wide-awake-and-paying-attention?

Angie said...

Ouch! I have nightmares about that sort of thing. I'll take note of your new email!

Shannon O'Donnell said...

Ugh. Yep, I'd be changing mine too, probably. If you're going to have an email address, it'd be nice to actually RECEIVE your emails. He he. :-)

L.T. Elliot said...

They don't have jelly inside. They have lightning.

Ha ha ha!

Sorry for the email woes but I'm glad you still HAVE an email! Yay!

Elana Johnson said...

Names are everything. Glad you got yours worked out.

Solvang Sherrie said...

What a pain! Oy! Well, at least your email didn't get hijacked!

Jen Daiker said...

What a freaking pain!!! Glad it worked out!

Bethany Mattingly said...

That stinks that you couldn't be a part of the second book :( I'm sure you'll get more opportunities.

Jolene Perry said...

LOVE your blog.

LOve the new look and I can't wait to see the finished product!

Medeia Sharif said...

Awww, I'm sorry to hear this. I hope you get to contribute again.

I remember in the late 90's and early in the millennium I kept changing my email. I wonder what messages I've lost and if any of them were important.

Shari said...

So, is your new e-mail jellyfishwrites? Just wondering so I know how to get in touch with you.

Your blog is looking great!

Becca said...

Put it in a sandwich... Dee-lish! Oh, Julian, you are responsible for so many happy hours at the Wilhite home.

Susan Fields said...

Oh, I'm so sorry you missed your opportunity to contribute. That definitely sounds like just cause for an email change to me!

Jolene Perry said...

It's probably just my love of black and white floors but I SO want to see your background be black and white tiles...
I'm laughing at myself right now.

Lola Sharp said...

No jelly with my fish! Ew. o.0

Sorry you missed your chance with the book. :(

Yeah, there are a lot of Lola Sharp's out there...and a lot of authors named Lola and have the last name that start with an 'S'...so I'm not sure what I'll do about that going forward. (and there are a lot of 'Lola''s in 'unsavory' occupations, as well *sigh*)

The blog is looking pretty. :)

Have a lovely weekend, Carolyn.
Hug,
Lola

Jennifer Shirk said...

OH, rats. That's a shame for you and her. Glad everything is straightened out now. And I'm sure there will be other bigger and better opportunities. :)

Ann Best said...

I've been in messes like this before. You think you have a somewhat distinctive name, and you don't!! But your friends will be happy to be able to find you. And there will be other chances to contribute to other books!!
Ann Best, Author