Wednesday, May 5, 2010

So Much Bloggy Love!

You guys rock! Thanks so much for the awards and the tags!

I have known Nichole Giles since my first conference, she is an amazing person and writer. She is very cool. She has given me the 10 Things that Make me Happy award. Thank Nichole!!!




Okay, so here are my ten things:
1. My hubby
2. My kiddos (when they aren’t fighting...oh, even when they are fighting. They're so cute.)
3. My bff
4. My bloggy bffs
5. My old smelly tennis-shoes (They are great for running!)
6. Chocolate (Um…that was a given!)
7. Awesome books
8. Crappy books that make me smile at awesome books
9. Playing in my garden (even when everything is dying)
10. Going home from the dentist with no cavities (I mean…can anything be better?)

Now I get to pass these on to 10 awesome people! I’m so excited. Here we go:

1. Candace from Candyland
2. Jaydee Morgan
3. Carrie Harris
4. Danyelle
5. Sherrie from Solvang Sherrie
6. Yamile
7. Jen Daiker from Unedited
8. Shannon O’Donnell
9. Becca Wilhite
10. Amparo Ortiz

If you haven’t been to these awesome ladies blogs, go check them out. They are all incredibly amazing.

The second award I received is from the ever awesome (and I don’t use that ever part lightly) Amparo Ortiz. I love her blog plus we have so much in common (she loves chocolate, ice cream and she watches Bones, too! She’s so cool!)

She has passed on the Blogger Buddy Award (which makes my heart happy) and I would love to pass it on to these lovely bloggy friends:

1. Creepy Query Girl
2. Jennifer Shirk
3. Jamie Burch
4. Sheri Larsen
5. Shelly Sly

Lastly (is that even a word? It sounds so strange), Candace of Candyland tagged me. Okay, she is incredibly cool (and when I say cool, I mean uber cool) so go check out her blog.

Question 1: Where were you 5 years ago?
- Deciding it was time to go back and finish my college degree. (I’m almost done.)
- Taking care of my little guy who was just a baby
- Trying to organize my kitchen
- Buying my first treadmill
- Writing mg stories about children with disabilities (I never showed them to anyone…and then I lost them.)

Question 2: Where would you like to be 5 years from now?
- Um…done with that stupid college degree thingy.
- Published and writing super wicked stories for YA everywhere.
- Eating lunch with all my blog buddies
- Have an organized kitchen
- Able to run 5 miles (that would be so cool!)

Question 3: What is (was) you to-do list today?
- Run that three miles (I only ran two, I ran out of time.)
- Get kids off to school.
- Blog.
- Revise.
- Pick up kids from school (I know, my life is an adventure...I tell ya!)

Question 4: What 5 Snacks do you enjoy.
-hee hee hee, I can’t stop laughing…Chocolate (need you ask?)
- 100 calorie snack bags (because I eat too much chocolate *looking down at floor with embarrassment)
-yogurt with frozen blueberries mixed in (it’s delish)
- frozen fruit
- Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches. (Ummmm…skinny cows)

Question 5: What 5 thinks would you do if you were a billionaire?
- 1st I would totally buy a house for my parents. They are hard workers and I would love to help them out.
- Give some to charity
- Help out those who really needed some help to get back on their feet
- Get those college funds set up for my kids
- Not tell kids we had money and teach them how to work, so they won’t be spoiled.

There’s my five answers. =) That was harder than I thought! Here are the five people I’m tagging:

L.T. Elliot
Mary Campbell
Lola Sharp
Shari
Tess Hilmo

If you’ve already received these awards or have been tagged already…I’m still giving them to you. And if you didn't receive an award, you just wait! I wanted to add more people, but to be honest, my fingers and eyeballs hurt trying to get everyone's link on. But never fear! You guys are all super cool and you guys rock! =) Oh, and if the links are wrong, please let me know, because I hate that when that happens.

Have a great week guys!

13 comments:

Jaydee Morgan said...

Congrats on your awards and thanks for passing one along my way :)

I love that you say you wouldn't tell the kids so they learn to work - that's awesome. Have a great day!

Candyland said...

Um THANKS FOR THE AWARD! Seriously! I was having a crap day yesterday so this totally made me feel a million times better! thankyouthankyouthankyou...

And PS, I'll meet you for lunch in 5 years

Jen said...

Congratulations!!! I feel the love! Thank you so much for my award, it's beautiful!!! Hehe :)

Kristina P. said...

I can't believe you only ran two miles. What a failure!! (Said as I sit in my jammies on the couch.)

Elana Johnson said...

Congrats on the awards. Look how far you've come in 5 years! You are amazing. Can't wait for Monday. :)

Patti said...

Congrats on the awards. Good for you for going back to school. I've thought about it often and I'm totally addicted to 100 calorie snack packs. Love them.

Shannon O'Donnell said...

Oh, bloggy bff, you ARE Happy 101!! Congrats on your pretty new awards. Thanks for thinking of me! :-)

Arnold said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

Alena

http://dataentryjob-s.com

Creepy Query Girl said...

Congrats on all your awards and THANKS so much! You're an awesome blogger buddy;)

Solvang Sherrie said...

Thanks, Carolyn! Reading your blog makes me happy :)

Medeia Sharif said...

Congrats on your awards. I agree with the not telling kids in question 5. Working hard will help them build character.

Nichole Giles said...

I love your happy list! Glad you posted it. And I believe that in five years you will be published. I can feel it!

Lola Sharp said...

CONGRATS on all your awards! Well deserved. :)
I enjoyed your happy list...it made me happy reading it.

THANK YOU for tagging me! I'm honored. I was just tagged (see my answers a couple posts down), but I shall find a nice way to share some blog love with you later this week.

Love,
Lola