Wednesday, March 10, 2010

You're Posting Twice in One Day?

Yes I am. I know - spooky.

I just wanted to check in with all my bloggy friends and warn you....I made my goal last week (12,000 words). BEWARE (oooohhhhh). Now you know anything is possible.

And

I love plotting. Why didn't anyone tell me about plotting before? I mean - really? Oh, wait, yes you did. Sorry for not listening. You were right. Plotting rocks.

Dan Wells gave an excellent presentation on plotting at LTUE. He has posted it on his blog and even has a video you can view. Just go HERE and you can click on whatever link you are interested in.

So now you know. Plotting is cool and my fingers are on fire (Ouch!) Have a great week everyone!

15 comments:

Nisa said...

That is so great! Way to go! I love plotting too. :)

Kristina P. said...

Good for you!

Jen said...

Wow awesome job on the word count!!! I love great weeks like that! I'm hoping to have one this week!

Shari said...

Thanks for sharing the Dan Wells powerpoint. Very interesting!

Elana Johnson said...

I'm still not coming to the plotting dark side, no matter what you say.

But congrats on the 12000 words! You rawk!

L.T. Elliot said...

Congratulations on the excellent word counts! And plotting is the best.

Angie said...

Great word count! I'm super impressed.

Shannon O'Donnell said...

You go, girl! I'm amazed by that word count. I'm struggling with my last 2,000 words (and have been for...well, forever).

Thanks for the link. :-)

Susan R. Mills said...

I'm trying out plotting for the first time too. I think it's working for me. I never thought it would, but I think it is. Thanks for the link, and congrats on your 12,000 words.

Mary Campbell said...

Very awesome that you wrote that much. I'm struggling to write a page right now. I am a plotter. My story is completely plotted out. I know all the major scenes I just need to connect them and it's proved to be difficult. I'm really good at coming up with great ideas for my story, but I'm not so great at getting from point a to b.

Patti said...

I'm not a very good plotter, at least no on my first draft. I plot more on my revisions. Congrats on the word count. Awesome

Lisa and Laura said...

Woohoo! Now send some of that productivity over our way!

Rachel said...

Good for you!! Slap on the back! I may have to check out this Plotting business... :)

Jenn Johansson said...

12,000 words!!! Goodness woman! That's insanity!!!

Type on. ;)

Jen said...

I have an awesome award for you over at my blog!!!