Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Shout outs, Happy days, and Awards

First.




I want to wish everyone a very Happy Easter this weekend! I’m hoarding my marshmallow bunnies and chocolate eggs even as we speak.

Second.

My good writing friend Sara Larson has just signed on with *** of *** (I put those stars there because I don’t know who!!!! Plus I don't know if Sara is telling anyone yet. Sara, who is it????). Anyway, she’s got a fabulous agent. How do I know Sara? I’ve been in a writing group with her for almost a year and I can tell you, her book - excellent!







Here we are (Sara, me, Carla) hanging out and laughing (about something I’m sure was super funny).

Sara writes YA. I am so excited for her and cannot say enough good things about her amazing writing (plus she bought Girl Scout cookies from us, so you know she’s awesome!). She has started her own blog site, so please check it out here or here or even here. You won’t be disappointed. (Way to go Sara! Whoop!)

Third.

Awards!!! I want to thank everyone who gave me awards in the last little bit. Shannon. (Shannon is more than amazing and love to stalk her blog – sorry Shannon, you’re stuck with me now), Jen (who is very cool and an amazing writer – I’ve read some of her stuff on her blog. Excellent!) and Mary (Oh my golly-gosh-willakers, Mary is just awesome. When are we having dinner again?) I cannot begin to express how much I enjoy these three gals. Thanks you guys!

So I’m passing these on:



Awesome Jen awarded me the It's like we're Soulmates Award, which is so true. I really enjoy Jen (and her blog). Plus you should have seen us at Vegas together. It was a blast!

The rules:
1. Choose five followers/commenters that 'get' you
2. Write something fake (preferably not too mean) about them
3. Link to them, and link back to this post to comment your receipt of the award.

Patti - Patti and I were in an underwater basket weaving class together. She got an A and I got an F. Plus my basket turned out really really soggy. I should have asked her for more help.

L.T. Elliot - L.T. and I are secret superheros. She flies around in the sky while I sing. I can shatter glass with my high pitched squeals, enabling her to swoop down and capture the bad guys. We also fold freshly laundered clothes at the speed of light.
Mary C. - Mary and I are W.O.W. (world of warcraft) buddies. She's a sleek elf with mighty arrow flinging ability and I'm a kick-butt dwarf that shots fire blots from my high heel boots. We play every Thursday from 9-12 midnight.
Shannon - Shannon and I are both apart of the ELOGW, yes, the Evil League of Genius Writers. We meet the third Wednesday of the month. Unfortunately, we aren't that evil. We are more of your sunshine-and-lollipop kind of evil. And that's the worst kind. Plus we have a cool theme song.





Thanks Shannon for the Sunshine Award! She is just all around awesome. Her blog makes me smile and she is just C.O.O.L. I get to pick out a handful of writers. I have decided to give these awards to some of my new followers (thanks you guys for following me! It totally makes my day!)

Here they are:




Last but not least- Mary gave me The Sugar Doll Award (that just sounds yummy!) Thanks so much!!! I’m passing this one on to three of my new friends:
I want to thank my old friends and my new friends for all the great comments and support that have been offered on my blog. It means so much to me. Thanks. =)
One last thing (I know, this post is so long!) Linda Garner, has written a fantastic book, Some Secrets Hurt. She is hosting a run/walk-a-thon to prevent child abuse. You can get all the info at our group blog (just click on Linda's name there). There will be cotton candy and I believe hot dogs. So you can eat and run all at the same time (okay, don't do that, I would hate to hear on the news about a group of runners choking during a run/walk-a-thon. That would just be sad). But the run/walk will be awesome!

If you haven’t heard from me yet on your blog, don’t worry. Stats is over in three weeks and I plan on catching up with everybody (my Professor would be so proud that I made it through the class – she’s an excellent teacher).
Have a great week guys! Happy Easter!

17 comments:

Mary Campbell said...

Wow - you are a burst of sunshine this morning. Congratulations on all the awards - you deserve everyone one them. Way awesome about your friend Sara. I'm open to dinner or lunch anytime - just name it. W.O.W.- you weren't supposed to tell anyone Carolyn. My hubbie thinks I'm at critique group during those times - shhh, no one tell him. Ha ha - thanks for the the award Carolyn - I think we are soul mates. Good luck with your class and hope you have a sunshine day.

Jen said...

Oh yes I'm so glad I chose you for SoulMates Award!!! You did awesome!!!! Love it!

Happy Easter :)

Sheri Larsen said...

Carolyn, This was awesome. Thanks so much for thinking of me and for giving me such a bright and sunny award!! I picked 5 on my blog. It was fun. Thanks. http://writersally.blogspot.com/2010/03/sunshine-award.html

Sara B. Larson said...

Thanks for the shout-out, and for the award! :-) You're so sweet!! I am way excited about my new agent. I'm not purposely keeping it a secret, I just forgot to ask her if she cared if I announced her name yet or not; so keep an eye on the blog. (Even though you actually do know who it is Carolyn, since it was in the email I sent the writer's group) ;)

Shannon O'Donnell said...

I just love you, girl! I am so excited you chose me for that award - we ARE soul mates, I don't have that one yet, and I love the fun rules that go with it! Yay! Thanks, bloggy bff! :-)

Kristina P. said...

You know some amazingly cool people!

Patti said...

Okay hilarous. I'll take that A and maybe I'll move to the Phillipines and start my own business. Thanks for the award.

Congratulations to your friend.

Elana Johnson said...

Congrats on all your awards! And dude, I cannot believe you didn't bring Sara to the shindig at Suzy's in January. *stern face* We'll have to make sure we get everyone invited for the next one in April. Congrats to her as well!!

Becca said...

I think we must talk about stats - I'm using it in my WIP but I never took it. You could save me some heartache (not to mention tuition money) if I could pick your brain...

Tess said...

Vegas? hmm... I'm so intrigued! Congrats to Sara on the good news and congrats to you on all the cool blog love :D

ps - and thanks for sharing over at my blog today .. it helps to have a little company when sucky things happen.

~Jamie said...

ohhh I LOOOVE that one. Thank ya girlie!

. said...

Congrats on your awards and thank you for thinking of me! :D

L.T. Elliot said...

Congrats to you for the awards and congrats to Sara for the agent! Good news all around.

Thanks for the award. You're too nice

Jackee said...

Congrats on your awards and thanks for sending one my way. I'm in such good company--I love all those gals!

TerryLynnJohnson said...

wow, congrats on the awards. I can see why you've got them. Very fun blog!

Susan R. Mills said...

Congrats on all your awards and to Sara for landing an agent. Great news. Have a great weekend!

Heidi Ashworth said...

Love you!