Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Plugged in and turning to the Dark Side



"I have you now! " ~ Darth Vader, Star Wars


While I was gone (in my cough syrup haze) as few things happened that I feel must be reported on:

1 – I missed all the Olympics. All of them. I was too busy blowing my nose to concentrated on the awesomeness of the winter festivities.

2 – Okay, the truth is I started a new WIP and I am way excited about it. One day I had the idea, and the next, it was plotted, characters had goals and subplots, and now….1/8 of the way to being finished. And you know what!? It’s Dystopian! (Elana J. you have turned me to the dark side! Say in funny Darth Vader voice to make more dramatic.)

3- Shannon O' (who is more than cool) gave me an award (just before I got super sick, so I’m sorry this has taken so long to post). And it is a great award!


All I have to do is share it with 5 of my blogging buddies:

1) Patti N (she always has good advice on writing and she really means what she says. I like that in a person! =) ).
2) L.T. Elliot (she not only is a super close friend, but I make her read all my first draft chapters. I love that woman!).
3) Ali Cross (she does a great job at answering all my bloggy questions. Did you know that most writers write with their feet in the nude? *gasp*).
4) Mary C. (she just rocks! I’ve hang out with her a few times in person and I feel a close kindred spirit thing going on there. She is very awesome).
5) Natalie W (again, kindred spirit thing. Plus have you seen her sketchings? Amazing! She is very cool.)

I would put Shannon down again because I love her and her blog, but I can’t. But go check out all these amazing women and their blogs. They are on their way up, I tell ya!

4 – I am reporting to you, my bloggy buddies, on my WIP. My goal is to have 10,000 words per week until I hit 50,000. Why? Because I’m ignoring Incognito and I have to have something awesomely-awesome to take to my next conference. Wish me luck. I’m already at 5,000 for this week. Half way there.

5 – Last but not the least of things to report on. Having a cold makes chocolate taste funny. I know, don’t panic (because I did one day and it was just an awful mess – I had to eat at least three chocolate bars to prove my point that I couldn’t taste them. I gained a couple pounds.)

So there you have it. My full report of things that happened during my cold-unplugged week. Thanks for being patient with me and my absence. I’m going to stalk your blogs now. I love the blog stalking.

23 comments:

Tess said...

Glad you are on the mend and hoo-ray! for the excitement of new writing projects!! That is the best feeling ev-ah :D

Shannon O'Donnell said...

You are just too funny! I love the chocolate panic story - ha ha ha. Those are some excellent choices for spreading the buddie love. Good luck with the new wip! :-)

Kristina P. said...

10,000 words a week? Good luck! I have no idea how you guys do it!

Jen said...

Fantastic report!!! I watched half of the Olympics then got a great idea for a WIP and like you disappeared from earth for awhile! Good luck on your goal!!

Danyelle said...

Sorry you've been sick. Good luck on your 10K a week!

Elana Johnson said...

Ahhhh! Welcome to the dark side, my friend. It's fun here. We have cookies and ginger ale. I love dystopian fiction! Can't wait to read it. :) :)

Angie said...

Glad you are feeling better. That's exciting about your new WIP. I love it when that kind of thing happens. And congrats on the sweet award.

Rachel said...

Awesome goal, 10,000 words a week! Go for it! Glad you're feeling better :)

Shari said...

I so can't wait to hear more about it!

L.T. Elliot said...

Thanks for the award, C. I love ya, too. *hugs*

As for this new project, I need to get me some of that drug-induced-haze-plotting because it totally ROCKS! (Not as much as being friends with you rocks but it's pretty darn close!)

Patti said...

Thanks for the award. I love getting lost in new projects. I'm 20,000 from finishing my first draft of my next project.

I wish chocolate tasted weird when I had a cold this week because then I'd lose weight as well.

lotusgirl said...

10 K a week is awesome. Good luck.

Mary Campbell said...

So glad you're feeling better and that you've escaped from the frog. 10,000 words in a week? My mind is boggling. Hope you meet you're goal.
Thank you so much for the blogger buddy award. I feel a kindred spirit with you as well. Good luck with the new WIP

Houdini said...

10,000 words a week!?! That's crazy and awesome all at the same time! Good luck! and just so you know, the Olympics were great this year. Lots of drama and excellent performances!

ali said...

Carolyn, you are just all kinds of FUNNY. You made me smile. All the way. Thank you!

And thank you for the award! Awesome!

Becca said...

Hooray for you. 10K in a week is mountainous! And for 5 weeks straight? That's Mt. Everestian! (Somehow Blogger didn't know that was a word. Silly Blogger.)

Lisa and Laura said...

Welcome back!!! So fun to have a new project to keep you busy. Can't wait to hear all about your progress!

Suzette Saxton said...

Thank goodness you are feeling better! Did the doughnut-and-chocolate cure work?

Congrats on your awards! Guess what, I have another for you. It'll be on my blog tomorrow. Keep getting better!

XOXO
Suz

Tiana Lei said...

I hope you're feeling better now :) And good luck with your goal! Sometimes a push like that is great for motivation, otherwise we just sit and wait for things to get done on their own (which never happens).

Nichole Giles said...

Ah ha! I finally figured out why I could never leave a comment on your blog! It was Firefox all along, and completely NOT MY FAULT. There. I feel better now.

Glad to know you're feeling better and that you've started an awesome sounding new book. I can't wait to read it!

Hope to see you soon.

Nichole

Kathi Oram Peterson said...

Another YA writer! Yeah. I'm so happy I found your fun blog. Sorry you've been sick, but how great is it to be writing a new book that you're excited about. Go for it. :)

MeganRebekah said...

Great updates! 10,000 words a week is such a great goal! Good luck

Susan R. Mills said...

Glad you are feeling better. I hope you are having a great week. I agree with Megan...10,000 words is a great goal.