Tuesday, February 9, 2010

You Guys Make my Day! Wait no....My Year!!!

Okay, so I have been given a few awards in the last month from some incredibly cool bloggy friends. To them I want to say, "Thanks, you made my year!"

Here they are:
Elana J gave me The Creative Writing Award

Tiana Lei gave me the Honest Scrap Award

And Patti N. gave me the Over the Top Award.


They are all great writers, please check out their blogs. =)
















Okay, for the Honest Scrap Award I have to:

• List ten honest things about yourself that your blogging friends do not know about you.
• Give the award away to seven (or 10?) bloggers.
• Let the seven (or 10?) bloggers know they have received the award.
• Link back to the person who awarded you.


Ten things you guys don't know about me???? Okay, here it goes:


1- Love songs make me cry, so I don't listen to them. Okay a few, but not many. I like the funky weird songs that make me laugh.
2- I am always happy when Fall comes (because I am pasty white and am so glad I don't have to show off my white, white, tan anymore).
3- Fudge on everything - Oh wait, you know that.
4- I loved the book the Scarlet Pimpernel (Oh, swoon).
5- I hated Lord of the Flies (ew, gross).
6- I'm getting my hair cut today (I hope I don't look like my brother when it's done!)
7- I have a terrible dry sense of humor.
8- My neighbors get scared when I use dry sense of humor, because they are not use to me being funny. Weird, I know.
9- My husband cracks up every time I use my dry sense of humor. I love that man.
10- My Favorite date night with cute hubby: Eating out and Book store. Best date nights ever!


I've search all over the bloggie-world for people I can pass this on to and I have realized something drastic. Either everyone has it, or they don't post their awards and I can't tell if they have it. So here is what I am doing. If you have not yet received the Scrap Award, I'm passing it to you. Just put your name in the comments so I (and others) can go check out your awesomeness answers. Deal? Deal!

Okay for the:









Here are the rules:

The rules are pretty simple. Answer the following questions with Single Word answers then pass this along to 5 other bloggers. Make sure you let them know about it though.

Your cell phone: Old
Your hair: Cut
Your mother: Busy
Your father: Busy
Your favorite food: Carbs
Your dream last night: Weird
Your favorite drink: Hot Cocoa
Your dream goal: Published!
What room are you in: Kitchen
Your hobby: sneezing
Your fear: Cavities (Scary!)
Where do you see yourself in 6 years: older
Where were you last night: School
Something you aren't: Hungry (I know, I can't believe it!)
Muffins: Yes, please (opps, two words, sorry about that)
Wish list item: Remodel
Where did you grow up: Here
Last thing you did: dishes
What are you wearing: Clothes (what kind of question is that?)
Your TV: quiet
Your pets: Stinky!
Friends: favorites
Your life: ROCKS
Your mood: pleasant
Missing someone: Who?
Vehicle: Dirty (no, stinky. Wait no, dirty)
Something you aren't wearing: Fake eyelashes ( just sayin')
Your favorite store: B&N
Your favorite color: Green
When was the last time you laughed: .0025 seconds ago
Last time you cried: stubbed toe (two word again, I know)
Your best friend: M/L
One place you go over and over: Stupid Laundry room! Have you no heart? (see how upset I am, more than one word. Maybe if I squish it together stupidlaundryroom. Better.)
Facebooking: Where's it booking to? Come back here face!
Favorite place to eat: Costa Vida

Oh my day of searching. Do you guys all have this award?! What's up with that? Okay, again. IF you do not have this award, I'm passing it on to you! Just put your post your comment so we can check out your answers.










I'm supposed to list 10 things that make me happy.



1. Writing
2. Accomplishing something I didn't think I could
3. My Awesome Family
4. Non-smelly shoes (who doesn't love non-smelly shoes?)
5. Clean Laundry (put away)
6. Clean house (which I haven't seen for two years)
7. Cookies (yes, they make me very happy)
8. Food (especially when I don't have to cook it)
9. Hanging out with very cool people.
10. Emails from very cool people.

I am passing this on to:

Shannon, because I love her blog and find her to be a very cool person.
Suzy H, because she just rocks and so does her blog.
L.T. because she is awesome and I not only love her blog, but her too. She is completely awesome.
Carrie Harris, because I spew milk out of my nose everytime I read her blog. She is a hoot!
Kristi S, because I like her and she is cool. She has accomplished tons of cool stuff.

Go check them all out. They are very excellent and creative writers.

This was hard and took me all day (take that Stats homework!) But I loved it and am so grateful for those who thought of me. Thanks guys!

Can't wait to read your responses (so don't be surprised if I'm stalking your blogs - mwa ha ha ha, mwa ha ha).

18 comments:

L.T. Elliot said...

Aww. I love you too. In fact, you're one of the finest, nicest, funniest, best people I know. *Hugs* Thank you!

Tess said...

oh, yes. eating out and bookstore. that's a favorite date here as well :D

Shannon O'Donnell said...

You are too sweet! I realized from all of your lists that we have quite a lot in common.

~ From your honest scrap list: #1, 2, 5, & 10. ~ From your over the top list: carbs (adore them), weird dream last night, dream goal, cavities ( I'm truly phobic of the dentist), muffins, and vehicle.
~ From your happy list: all of the above

Thanks for being such a loyal commenter on my blog and for the awesome award (which I don't have yet) :-)

Suzyhayze said...

Oh! Thank you so much! This one is wonderful. You are lovely. THIS makes me happy! S

Patti said...

I love that idea. Fudge on everything, makes me hungry.

Kristina P. said...

I love fall. I wish it were fall all year long!

Carolyn V. said...

L.T. you are at the top of my list of awesome people. I can't wait to spend quality writing time with you this week!

Tess, you are right. Love eating out and the smell of newly printed books. *sigh*

Shannon, really? I honestly thought I was the only person who had a hard time with love songs. Yay! I'm not alone. Thanks for the comment!

Suzy, you're welcome. Your blog is very awesome. I loved your letter to your daughter you posted. I hope everyone will go read it.

Patti, I had fudge for breakfast and only did half my workout this morning. I'm in trouble.

Kristina, Yes! Fall is the best!

Elana Johnson said...

Congrats on the awards. You so deserve them. And I'm so glad you have an old cell phone too! Woot!

Angie said...

Love your lists! You deserve all your awards.

Mary Campbell said...

Congrats on all the awards. Very awesome. I love all your lists and I love dry humor. Fall is my favorite time of year too. The weather is nice, but we don't have the mud and rain like in the spring.

Lisa and Laura said...

Nice work! How did your hair come out??

Carolyn V. said...

Elana & Angie, Thanks you guys!

Mary, I love that Fall!

Lisa & Laura, The hair came out short. ;p

Tiana Lei said...

Yay :) You deserve those awards. And I loved reading those things about you. I"m the same way, there is this one song by Carrie Underwood (I think it's called Just a Dream?) anyway, I can't listen to it because it makes me cry.

Carolyn V. said...

Tiana, I know what you mean. There are just so many great songs out there that make me cry. =)

Jen said...

Yay for awards!!! Love them! Congratulations!!!

Shelli said...

i cry at the strangest songs too! :) thanks for stopping by. I love finding new blogs!

Carolyn V. said...

Thanks Jen!

Shelli, glad to. I love finding new blogs too. =)

Suzette Saxton said...

Lots of awards - all of them well-deserved. I consider myself lucky to know you in RL!