Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Tissue Please

"There is no medicine like hope, no incentive so great, and no tonics so powerful as expectation of something better tomorrow." ~O. Swett Marden

I usually try to post each week on my personal blog on Wednesdays (to keep myself on track), but this week I'm going to have to pass.

Why?

My throat feels like a hot fiery volcano, my eyes are as heavy as a fat laden doughnut and every time I open my mouth - a wind of backfiring flies out. (Ugh, those are awful! See? I'm sick!)

So I am giving myself permission to unplugging from blogging for a couple of days until I can see straight again (or at least breathe through my nose again).

Does anyone have a good remedy for the common cold? (Does it involve doughnuts or chocolate, because that would be helpful.)

15 comments:

Mary Campbell said...

Poor Carolyn - so sorry you're sick. I like to load up on apple juice and potato chips and tuck in with a good Masterpiece Theater movie, when I'm sick. Hope you feel better soon.

L.T. Elliot said...

Alas, no suggestions from me. =[ I hope you're feeling better soon! *hugs* And here's a virtual cup of soup. c(_)

Elana Johnson said...

Dude, I'm so sorry you're sick! The only thing that helps a cold is to lie on the couch with Pirates of the Caribbean on and lots of soda.

*hugs*

Kristina P. said...

Ugg, that sounds miserable! Hope you feel better soon!

Angie said...

Oh, dear. Hope you feel better soon.

Jen said...

Yikes... being sick is the worst, and yours sounds awful! Feel better soon!

Rachel said...

I eat chocolate wheather i'm sick or not :) Vicks on the chest, humidifier where ever you are resting, pepermint tea. Hope you feel better!

lotusgirl said...

Sorry you're sick. Hope you feel better soon.

Shannon O'Donnell said...

The best thing I've ever found is to drink hot, plain, chicken broth. I swear it works miracles! :-)

Melanie J said...

Uh huh, I have a remedy. Chocolate.

Um, okay, it won't cure anything. But it still makes me feel better.

Patti said...

Sleep, hot baths, and no kids around. Those always do it for me. Get better soon.

Carolyn V. said...

Thanks guys. It looks like I will take it easy for a while. =) Gotta love those colds. =)

WindyA said...

Aww, poor thing! I hope you're feeling better!

Shannon O'Donnell said...

When you check your blog, I have an award for you on my Saturday post! :-)

ali said...

Aw! I'm sorry you're so sick! ((hugs)) Get better soon! ♥