Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Welcome Back!

Well I am finally back from my mini blog vacation. Hopefully I will be able to catch up with all my blog friends by the end of the week. =) Love you guys!


We actually took our cute kids to Southern Ca for the holidays - and can I say- just as wonderful in the winter as it is in the summer. And the surfers! Wow, there were a ton.



So here we are at 2010. Do you have any new goals for the year? Writing goals, weight loss goals, needle point kite making goals?

I’ve been thinking about my lofty bundles of goals and I do have a few. Finish school (only four more classes!). Finish book (only 30,000 more words to go!). Keep house clean and laundry under control (my neighbor told me an excellent way to control the stinky clothes-o-meter and it seems to be working). 2010 is looking great!

Last but not least – work on the craft of writing. Most writers will tell you, the more you write the better writer you will become. I totally believe that. So this year I will focus on finishing my book while improving THE CRAFT (say that in a really low spooky voice. So mysterious.) Plus I have three conferences to attend, writers to meet (so excited!), and books to read. What a great year this is going to be.

So hey! Tell me what your goals are. Are you going to finish that awesome book? Query the hottest agent? Start a critique group? Make lots of fudge and share it with all your writer friends (Will you invite me to that? I love the fudge).

What are your goals for 2010?

17 comments:

L.T. Elliot said...

Glad you're back!! Those are all great goals and I'm super excited for you. (Especially because I get to read those excellent WIPs!)
=]

Lisa and Laura said...

Welcome home! What's the laundry secret? I could use it. So fun about your conferences, that's one of our goals this year. We also want to write two more books. There are two of us, so I think it's do-able. Good luck with all of yours!

Stacey said...

Yay! Hi Gorgeous! Your goals sound much like mine. Finish that book and edit it so I can maybe if I get the courage start to submit it! ;)

And yes, I'm curious about the laundry secret!

ElanaJ said...

Ooh, I like saying "The Craft" in a low, spooky voice. I'm going to work on that too. :)

Kristina P. said...

Glad you're back! Southern California sounds really nice right about now.

Carolyn V. said...

L.T. I'm sending them your way (just remember that first drafts look awful and need lots of help from friends, while the writer needs lots of ice cream to soothe revision pains).

Lisa, Laura, & Stacey, I'm emailing you the secret right now. mwa ha ha ha

Elana, Ya gotta love the craft (oh my gosh, that low voice still spooks me out!)

Kristina, I know, it is so cold I have two jackets on. Cooolllddd!

Mary Campbell said...

Awesome vaction Carolyn. I have a lot of the same goals. I'd like to know the secret laundry and if you say wash it - I'm going to puke. Just kidding. Anyway good luck with everything. like the new look.

Houdini said...

Hey Carolyn!

California is the only place to be in the winter! I took my clan out there as well, and we enjoyed our green Christmas. Any room in your critique group for an occasional submission from me? I sent you guys some stuff through LT last summer and the feedback I got was wonderful! I really appreciated your group taking a gander at my scribbles!

~Houdini

Carolyn V. said...

Thanks Mary! The secret is not that great. Just use one day to do the laundry. But I love it because I don't have to worry about the laundry all week. =) Good luck on your New Years goals! (keep me posted!)

Houdini, loved your work we critiqued last year. Just send it L.T.'s way and we'll take a crack at it. =) p.s. Loved the green Christmas too! It's so nice down there.

Susan R. Mills said...

I have a lot of goals, but my newest one is to find out what your neighbor suggested about laundry. Mine is out of control.

Carolyn V. said...

Susan, I think we may be laundry soul mates. One day my laundry is under control, the next...puff... a mess, all over the house and even some outside in the mailbox (please don't ask).

Patti said...

That picture made me so jealous as I look at a blanket of snow outside my window. I can do laundry it's the putting it away that I have problems with.

Suzyhayze said...

I think... I think I just want to eat a lot more bacon.

Carrie Harris said...

My goal is to prevent the zombie apocalypse. So if you're still alive at the end of the year, I expect a thank you.

I'm kidding. I hope. :)

Stewart Sternberg said...

Carrie, my goal is to create a zombie apocalypse.

I always set so many lofty goals for myself and stumble through the cosmos in search of them after they're set free.

Carolyn V. said...

Patti, I'm back to the snow,and even though it's cold here...it's a lot more quiet too. Ahhh, quiet.

Suzy, Love your New Years goals! I could totaly use a good piece of bacon.

Carrie, I'm putting my faith in you. Take care of those zombies!

Stewart, I hope you find all those awesome goals and accomplish them all. =)

Chaotic Beauty said...

Lots of goal making here... attempting to write a poem every day, so far so good! I am thrilled to be able to read your inspiring blog, Im a new reader :)