Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Hangin' with Amazing-nous Peeps!


Last weekend a group of us writers all got together for a terrific shin-dig hosted by Elana J. & Suzette . And look how rebellious we are with our cups full of sparkling apple juice. We are a wild pack of writers I tell ya.


The awesomeness people standing up: L.T. Elliot, Mary Campbell, Nichole Giles, Alaina Evans, Elana Johnson, Angie Lofthouse, Carolyn Vawdrey, Michelle Argyle, Suzette Saxton, Windy Aphayrath

Awesomenss people in the front: Jenn Wilks, Tess Hilmo, Ali Cross, Natalie Whipple
(To be honest, I copied this list from Elana J's website. She is so organzied! Thanks Elana!)


We ate, we played funny writing games (don’t ask about the tiara), and we even won awards. Please see picture below.

Yay! I won the Serious Skimmer award!



Along with the Skirmisher award, I was awarded a pirate sword kit, which was taken immediately by my five-year-old who ran around the house in his undies yelling, "Walk the plank, Matey." It was a sight to see. I should have taken a picture.


It was interesting that so many of us were at different stages of our journey. Some were agented authors, others waiting for their first books to be published – some wrote short stories, others novels - Some newbies, others oldbies (can there be oldbies?). But all in all a good time.

On the way home it was mentioned that it felt good to be with people who “get us,” Who understood what our dreaming and hopes were all about. It’s true. We writers have lofty goals. But meeting together gives one hope and inspiration.

I highly recommend meeting with said awesomeness if you have a chance to.
Thanks again to all those who planned and participated! You guys rock!

14 comments:

Carrie Harris said...

Envy envy gnash gnash.

Think I'll have to do something like this...

Kristina P. said...

Looks like a fun bunch of women! Congrats on the award!

Elana Johnson said...

It was made of win, right? Right. Glad you had a fun time -- sorry your award was so, um, not for you. *embarrassed* But I'm glad your 5 yo had fun with it!

WindyA said...

Yay! It was so much fun! So good to meet you and expand the writing circle, while making our whole world a little smaller... :D

Your son will prob appreciates that you didn't Kodak his pirate moment. Lol!

Nisa said...

Awww... I just love this! I'm so glad you all got to get together. What a fun time!

Mm... Sparkling cider is the best! I have a fondness for the red grape variety.

L.T. Elliot said...

It was such a great time! Everyone there is both hilarious and wonderful and I can't remember when I last laughed so hard. =]

Carolyn V. said...

Carrie, can I hear zombie writer meeting? I think it would rock the house! =)

Kristina, thanks for the congrats. ARRRG Matey.

Elana, I loved the award! I was the most popular mom at my house when I got home.

Windy, But I could have had blackmail for the teen years. Oh well.

Nisa, it is true, the red kind is delish!

L.T. You rock. Thanks for the ride and the friendship. You are awesome!

Patti said...

I'm so jealous. I wish I lived close to other people who wrote. Looks like you had a good time. Maybe we need to plan a blog meet and greet.

Angie said...

It was so great to meet you! I'm glad that I came.

Lisa and Laura said...

I'm so jealous! These posts make me want to move to Utah.

Allyson Condie said...

That sounds so fun!

And congrats on finishing your first draft!!!

Carolyn V. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carolyn V. said...

Oh my gosh! I thought I had left a completely awesome comment to you guys, but now I have the feeling that I emailed it to one of you!!!! Opps.

So, I'll try to start over.

Patti, A meet and greet would be very fun. I think it should be done.

Angie, you are awesome. I loved meeting you.

L & L, who knew there would be so much talent out here? I think it's the snow?

Ally, Thanks!!! Maybe you can help me iron out some of my stuff. =)

You guys rock! Thanks so much for the comments. And for that person who I sent all my comments to. Um...sorry.

Danyelle said...

Ack! I missed out on meeting you. >.< Hopefully I'll be able to meet you and all the wonderful ladies very soon. :)