Wednesday, November 11, 2009

School Time Song Madness

(to be sung with the melody Winter Wonderland)

Sittin’ here,
Doing homework.

Two more papers,
Needin’ research.

A difficult time,
I’m writing in rhythm,

I hope my teachers,
Give me lots of time.

I hope my teachers,
Give me lots of time.

(If you sing this in the bathroom, it echoes throughout the house and scared little animals away. I know, I’ve tried it. j/k…it scares big animals away too.)

Okay, so here I am writing not one, but two research papers while my precious piece of creative work hangs out, tucked away in the files of my computer. I feel sick (not with the swine flu, just creative writing deprive-ativity – see when you write you can make up awesomely awesome words and pretend they mean something).

Someday I will get back to my wonderful piece of work (at least my mom thinks it’s wonderful. Again, j/k. My mom has only read the first chapter, she thinks its brilliant. I love that woman.)

Augh, I’ve gotten silly. Okay, I’m going back to work on my research paper. If you want something not so silly, you can check out my post on my group blog (CLiCK HeRE). If you want silly…try to sing that song in the bathroom and count how many animals you can scare away. Let me know if it worked, it might make my creative mind feel better. =)

9 comments:

L.T. Elliot said...

Two research papers. Ugh. Hope you a chance to get back to creative writing soon.

Patti said...

I feel for you. Good luck on the papers and hopefully you can put some time in to release some creative juices.

Rachel said...

I feel for you, too. Good luck, I'm sure you'll do great. I kind of did a research piece on King Henry VIII, just for fun, but I like history. Did you see it? :) Have fun!!

Carolyn V. said...

Thanks guys! =)

Suzette Saxton said...

Wishing you a speedy return to your heart's desire. <3

Sarah said...

Eeek, I'm in the middle of papers as well, and they are not fun! Good luck with them! :)

P.S. Love the song!

Carolyn V. said...

Suzette, Thank you, thank you, thank you! I love creative writing and struggle with the academic ones. *sigh*

Sarah, I feel your pain. =) I hope your papers will be done soon. =)

Kristina P. said...

Thinking about writing research papers makes me want to curl up into the fetal position!

Carolyn V. said...

Thanks Kristina!

I am almost done. Which makes me want to shout for joy. I have awesome teachers which makes the process less painful.