Sunday, August 2, 2009

Howdy Pilgrim. Can I get ‘cha a spoonful of Hot Chocolaty fudge for you and Your Horse There?

I am stressed. I don’t think there is enough chocolate in the world to help me out. Even after making a pot of hot fudge for ice cream and licking the bowl, I’m still stressed.

I have finals in one and a half weeks, not to mention the two presentations for two classes (have you heard me talk in front of people? Yikes.)

My oldest is leaving for scout camp tomorrow (at 4 a.m.) and all I can think about is the bears and all those boys sitting around the fire starving (they’re fishing. I’m going to pray for lots of fish, and no bears!)

To top it off, my neighbor just brought me over a post card that says, “You have jury duty” the same week as my finals.

So I’m trying to decide if I support my constitutional rights (which are awesome) or my grades (which may get me kicked out of the program if I miss my finals). I’m thinking of missing them both and going on a shopping spree. I’ve been looking for a great pair of boots anyway. But would that make me more stressed? Awesome boots and a warrant on my head.

Hey, that makes me sound like an old western outlaw…

“Carolyn V. The most wanted, boot shopping, collage failing outlaw in the West.”

Did they have chocolate in the Old West? Guess that won’t work.

Well, hopefully I won’t be stressed next week and I will have a great post, or an awesome pair of boots, only time will tell.

5 comments:

L.T. Elliot said...

You're so funny! Hope things get let stressed! (And you don't go to jail.)

Peay Family said...

Pick up a pair for me :) I always keep chocolate in the freezer...come on over!

Terresa said...

I made a triple chocolate pazookie tonight, want some? :) Best of luck, you can do it! Keep your head above water and know that us bloggy friends are cheering for you. Pass the fudge!

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

You are not funny in real life? Darn. The world needs more funny. But a booted, jury excapee with a pencil through her hair and chocolate on her face is surely funny.

Carolyn V. said...

Well, My kids tell me I'm funny. But I keep telling them they can't judge me on my looks. j/k =)