Friday, July 24, 2009

This is Scary

Well, after much thought, I've decided to start my own blog. I've been in a blog with a group of awesome writers, but they all have their own blogs, so I decided...now's the time.

I write much differently than I really am. I'm not funny at all, I'm really quiet, and I worry (ask my kids, they agree).

Is anyone going to read my blog, is anyone going to follow, am I going to offend everyone? (see all the worrying here? I'm a worrier.)

As writers, we are supposed to have very thick skins, but unfortunately, I was born with a thin skin and take things to heart much too often (but I hold it inside so nobody can see it).

Right now in my life, I am very busy. I'm going to school (I'm the oldest in my classes and feel a little ...well...not smart.) I would really like to hold my degree in my hand and say, "I's smarts now. See?" *waving degree in hand, as I scratch my messy hair* I'll have six more classes after summer term is over (will it ever end????).

I would love to be a published author some day. I've got a couple of jokes being published in Member's Mirth, thanks to my friend Nichole Giles (Nichole, tell me if that titles wrong), and next year I have a small story being published in Tender Mercies by Judy Olsen, about how found out about our oldest son's autism. Although I'm going to be in those books, I would love to have my very own book out with my very own name on the title. That would be so sweet!

I write YA, because that is my voice and I love it. I'm working on a story now that is being well received by other writers and friends. That has been the best part of this whole writing journey-having people like what I'm creating (plus it gives me a little validation for spending all those hours on my lappy - love ya lappy).

I'm usually a very private person. If I read one of your posts that touch or inspire me, I will only leave a short message, because there are no words to describe the feelings I want to share. So, if you've gotten a short message from me, it's because I loved your post (oh, or writing a research paper...they take so much time!).

So, anyways, that's me. I hope you don't mind me sharing, after all, I thought you should get to know me a little. Thanks! Can't wait to start this.

Oh, plus I love chocolate. But most of you probably already know that. hee hee hee

16 comments:

L.T. Elliot said...

Congrats on your new venture! I know you'll be a big success so don't worry. Everyone and their hamster loves you! Well, not as much as I love you but then again, who can?

Melanie J said...

I look forward to reading more. And I like your template.

Suzanne said...

It IS scary. I was scared. Now addicted, sometimes overwhelmed, but the friendships (real ones) I am making are amazing, and the outlet in a personal space well worth the fear factor! Brava!

Linda Garner said...

You go, girl! Love, LG

Melissa Marsh said...

Hi Carolyn! Congrats on starting your own blog. I LOVE the background!

I'm looking forward to your posts. :-)

Terresa said...

Wondering what degree you're in school for? Are you getting an MFA? I'm a YA Librarian (that's my specialty) and an aspiring YA author. It's a fun place to be.

PS: I'm looking forward to reading more on your blog. And I love chocolate too, but you might've already known that.

Karen Hoover said...

Way to go, Carolyn! Welcome to the blogosphere!

Annette Lyon said...

You're a writer. You love chocolate. That's all any of us need to know. But we already love you, and I think you know that!

Carolyn V. said...

Thanks everybody! I so appreciate your comments! =) So so much!

Terresa, I'm getting my BGS degree in Family Home Life. I can't really do anything with it unless I get my masters and then I can be a family therapist. But I'd rather be an author. =)

Heidi Ashworth said...

Yay! So glad to see you have your own blog--thanks to Laura and P&P to direct me here. I have been wondering why you didn't have your own blog. Yay! I love that I have had a chance to meet you and speak with you and see what a truly vibrant person you are!

Carolyn V. said...

Thanks Heidi! =) You are so sweet! I loved meeting you. I just found our pictures on my phone, I'll have to send them over (give me a week, It takes me that long to do anything anymore). =)

Peay Family said...

I think writing gives you an outlet you wouldn't have, an outlet for your incredible funny side!! I love it! Can't wait to read more :)

Carolyn V. said...

Thanks Rachel!

Amber Lynae said...

Cute blog. It is scary to put your thoughts out there. I enjoy your posts and look forward to reading your blog.

Carolyn V. said...

Thanks A.L. It is scary. Frightenly scary. =)

Melony said...

I was going to ask what you are going to school for too but that question has already been asked so I'll just say, blog more! It's therapeutic! :)